- NeuroKinetic Therapy® (NKT) corrective movement system is a sophisticated bodywork modality that can be used as both an assessment and rehabilitative technique for low back pain, neck pain, carpal tunnel, shoulder pain, knee pain, hip pain, and other injuries.
- NeuroKinetic Therapy® is based on the premise that when an injury has occurred, certain muscles shut down or become inhibited, forcing other muscles to become overworked. This compensation pattern can create pain or tightness.
- "The NeuroKinetic Therapy® corrective movement system protocol employing a system of precise muscle tests has the ability to change the programming of the Motor Control Center (MCC) in the cerebellum. The MCC coordinates all movement patterns in the body. It learns through failure.
Baby learning to stand - Through many attempts and failures the baby finally achieves success. But how? The MCC chooses the most successful attempts until standing happens without “thinking” about it. Conversely, after an injury, the MCC adapts to a compensation pattern and holds that in its memory forever unless it is convinced to change.
Whiplash accident - In which the posterior neck muscles brace for the anterior neck muscles. This pattern can endure forever unless there is some intervention.
NKT Identifies Dysfunctional Movement and Compensation Patterns
Common Causes of Dysfunctional Movement & Compensation Patterns:
- Scars of any kind including surgical (c-sections, episiotomies, appendix removal, hernia repairs, dermatological, etc) no matter how long ago
- Old sprains/strains (no matter how long ago)
- TMJ dysfunction including teeth clinching and grinding
- Old whiplash injuries
- Poor posture
- Desk jobs and more!
Dr. Karen Scott, PT, DPT, OCS
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Pain and Performance Solutions, LLC
COME GET ASSESSED & LEARN HOW YOUR PAIN IS CONNECTED!!!